Welcome to Halton Infertility and Pregnancy Support Services my name is Rebecca Hodson. I have been teaching Fertility yoga for 3 1/2 years (Weekly classes and at Mt. Sinai Hospital) and have a been practicing a supervised Infertility counselling practice for over 5 years. . I am also an Infertility Support Group facilitator (Privately and at One Fertility) As you can see– My work is all related to getting pregnant. I walked the infertility journey and felt that I could help others’ as a support person.
Fertility Yoga classes are offered every Wednesday evening
from 7-8pm or 8:15-9:15pm in Burlington, Ontario. The cost for a class is $20 or 4 for $72
I require an RSVP to attend. This type of yoga is recommended by many fertility doctors and safe to practice during IUI or IVF cycles.
Do not practice Fertility yoga within 48 hours after egg retrieval or embryo transfer.
Fertility yoga may benefit you in many ways.
- CHANGE- Sometimes when things aren’t working, we look for change. Joining a Fertility Yoga class or private session is something you can do this cycle that is different. It is hard to feel in control during infertility. This unique class gives you the opportunity to take charge in your own way.
- We hold stress in our neck and shoulders, but did you know that we also hold a lot of stress in our HIPS? Fertility yoga is specifically designed to use hip opening poses to release tension and INCREASE the flow of blood and energy to the reproductive organs.
- All the women in my classes are going through some form of fertility treatment, so it is a very supportive environment and you will feel less alone.
- I teach you breathing techniques to help you calm your mind. Many women obsess about getting pregnant. Thoughts are energy and many patients are exhausted from the prolonged stress of treatment. Part of my job is to help you RENEW YOUR ENERGY. When you calm your mind you can start to feel hopeful and optimistic again.
- It is very difficult to pick yourself up again after a failed cycle. Self-esteems can be affected negatively and during a FERTILITY YOGA class/session, I help you to get out of your head and into your body. Yoga for fertility is amazing at helping you learn to trust that your body will do what it is suppose to do! CONCIEVE AND MAINTAIN a pregnancy.
Fertility Yoga private sessions are made by Appointment. You must RSVP to attend a class session.
All counselling appointments are guaranteed to be booked within one week of contact.